It's been a little while since we have updated the blog, and we thought the best way to start the new year of 2019 is to talk about the... tech pack.
What is the tech pack and why do you need it? The tech pack is a bible or story telling guide of your new garment, it has important details that a manufacturer needs to make your garment come to real life.
By having a detailed tech pack, there is no need for the sample machinist to stop working to call you and find out what you need if you didn't specify it.
What is included in a Tech Pack?
1. Cover Page - includes a technical drawing of front and back of your garment, style number, size range, fabric and trim details.
2. Labels Page - includes what type of labels are included in your garment such as a branding label, what kind of label, and where is it placed. Also can contain care instructions.
3. Stitching & Seam Page - includes how the garment is put together and what types of stitches and seams are used.
4. Points of Measure page - includes front and back technical drawings with a number of arrows to measure, this allows the patternmaker to ensure your sample fits as per your requirements.
5. Other pages can include - 1st Sample fitting and comment page, Print Page, Packaging Page and more.
We often start with basic information or as much info as the client gives, fill in the pages for them, and allow them (or us!) to add in as the process continues.
1. Create a tech pack based off a image or garment ( include any changes you want)
2. Copy or replicate garment provided for a pattern & 1st sample
3. Check and measure 1st sample, checking size, quality and fabric.
4. Fitting - make any fit changes to pattern (if changes, request a new sample)
5. Grade Pattern
6. Sew size set
Everyone's process is different. Whether you just want a sample sewn, or you want a small run we are here to help you. You may just want some one of a kind pieces made of existing garments and don't want manufacturing, we do this too!